Chanel Style Jacket








 I actually started this jacket a few months ago, but I got really bogged down in making it, so by the time I was done, the weather was too hot to wear it, so I’m finally pulling it out again now! 

We had this fabric in white at my workplace, and I’d been watching it for a while, but I couldn’t decide what to make with it, and while I was thinking, a customer came in and bought the whole bolt. I debated about letting the idea go, but I had seen a picture of a Chanel-style jacket I wanted to recreate, so I ended up finding the fabric on Etsy, but my mom talked me into going with the black version. I like it, but I’m still wondering if I should have gone with the white… 

I used Simplicity 3074, which I’ve used twice before, but my biggest challenge was finishing off the seams. This fabric is so loosely woven, I didn’t dare leave the seams as they were, for fear they would pull apart as I wore the jacket, even though it was lined. It was a slow process to finish off everything, and I got kind of tired of it, in all honesty. My machine foot kept getting tangled in the threads from the fabric, and it just made the project take far longer than I was planning. It was tedious to do and I was fast losing interest. I finally finished up after Memorial Day, and I hung it in the closet and moved n to summer sewing. 

Now that I have pulled it out for the cooler weather, I am excited to wear it (I was a little worried I wouldn’t feel like wearing it…). It looks cute paired with jeans or khaki pants, and makes a nice alternative to my standard denim jacket for work. I think I’ll get a lot of fun use from it this season! 

Popular Posts