Linen Floral Skirt











 One of my favorite things to do in sewing? Reuse a pattern! Why? Saves money (remember - Price Per Use principle: cost goes down every time you use it), and more importantly, time. Since the pattern pieces are already cut out, you know how it comes together, which size you want, and what you want to do differently, it is so much faster to make a pattern again than pick a new one and start from scratch. 

I used this pattern last winter for this corduroy skirt , which I really loved, so I figured it would be fun to have one for the warmer seasons. The fabric is from Robert Kaufman’s Essex line, which is a linen and cotton blend. I lined it with a black cotton lawn I had on hand. I lightened the look up with a white cardigan, but by using the darker colors in it, I think I’ll be able to wear it well in to September. 

Just for fun, look how well it matches Priti NYC’s “Pewter Moon” nail polish! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lace Trimmed Blue Top

Wool Vest

Blue Floral Cutout Gingham Ruffle Shirt