Altered Navy Pants








Have you ever paid the price for your laziness? A while back, I bought a pair of khaki pants for a company I was new to. I wasn’t sure on the sizing, so I guessed based on their sizing chart. They turned out to be just a little big (but perfect for winter when I’d need them to fit over long underwear), so I ordered a second pair a size smaller. A few months later, I noticed they offered the same pants in navy blue, but instead of checking my email to get the correct size, I relied on my memory. Which was off. By a lot. They were WAY too small. I could actually get them on (lots of Lycra in the fabric!), but my legs looked like sausages in casings. I wanted to exchange them, but by then the company was sold out in my size. I needed navy pants, so I hauled off to the fabric store, got the closest navy poplin I could find, and got to work fixing them. 

First I opened up the entire inseam through the crotch and inserted a 3” piece… 

Then I opened up the sides and put in gussets… 

Now, despite the fact that I get compliments every time I wear these pants, and I always double check things before I order!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wool Vest

Floral Cotton Skirt

Lace Trimmed Blue Top