Long Knitted Scarf

 



A couple years ago for my birthday, my mom took me to a yarn shop called Henny's Yarn Shop to get some yarn to make a scarf as my birthday gift.  It was a fun trip, and I had a great time looking around the shop (they have a lot of choices) before I settled on these three yarns.  And, I finally got around to knitting it this winter!  


I used size 9 circular knitting needles, and cast on 150 stitches.  This was a very easy and simple scarf to make, as you just keep knitting back and forth, leaving a long loop of yarn at each end so that you can tie fringe later.  Here it is part way through...




When I got done, I laid it out and pinned it down on a couple towels to block it into shape.  I spritzed it with water to thoroughly dampen it, then rolled up the towel and left it until dry. A couple days later, it was ready to wear.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wool Vest

Floral Cotton Skirt

Lace Trimmed Blue Top