Light Blue Wool Coat






Last week, in my post about the knitted scarf, I wore a light blue coat, and it was actually one I had made from this pattern.  


My favorite color is blue, and in all honesty, it is rare that a day goes by where I don't have something blue in my outfit.  While I like all shades of blue, light blue is a particular favorite of mine, so when I saw this wool, I knew I had to make a new winter coat out of it.  

One of the best hints I ever read for making a wool coat was to use French Fuse interfacing.  I have now used it several times this way, and have been very impressed by how the fabric hangs when I do.  

A friend of mine pointed out these dragon buttons to me quite a few years ago, and I had been saving them for a special project.  

And yes, we got a ton of snow and freezing cold weather this week!  As you can see from the pictures at the top, I'm busy keeping the birds... er, squirrels, supplied with bird seed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wool Vest

Floral Cotton Skirt

Lace Trimmed Blue Top