Blue Floral Cutout Gingham Ruffle Shirt












Whew - how’s that for a long post title?! I got this cool fabric from a friend’s grandma, who was like an “extra” grandma to me. She was a big sewist who passed away a few years ago, and my friend asked if I would like some of the fabric she had collected over the years. I said yes, and one of the pieces in the box was this tiny gingham with a floral cutout and outline. It’s one of the most unique fabrics I’ve run across in my years of sewing. I decided to make New Look pattern #6732, which I think fit the fabric perfectly. I liked how  the pattern turned out enough to make it a second time, but I did a simpler version with a linen-look cotton I found (I did lengthen the bodice on both, and the ruffle on the coral one, since I am a bit long through the torso). Now I have a pretty shirt to help me remember a special lady. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lace Trimmed Blue Top

Wool Vest