Pink Lace Vest for Valentine's Day







 

 Happy Valentine's Day!

I had a very interesting time making the lace vest to go over this dress.  To start with, I couldn't find a pink lace in the right shade or style of lace.  When I finally found the right style, it was a really bright color, which wasn't at all what I'd had in mind.  That led to a diluted solution of bleach and water in the kitchen sink (and fortunately not splashing any on myself and ruining anything I was wearing) to see if I could fade it out to the color I was hoping for.  Luckily, it worked, so from there I cut around the flowers as I cut out the pattern, as I wanted to preserve the design of the fabric.  This made it slightly asymmetrical, but I liked how it turned out.  I tried pink ribbon under the buttons for stability before I realized I needed black to keep it consistent.  I tied it off with a piece of grosgrain ribbon, and kept my tights and shoes black so as to make the vest really pop.  A few bracelets to jazz it up, and my Valentine's Day look is complete! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wool Vest

Floral Cotton Skirt

Lace Trimmed Blue Top