Dual Fabric Infinity Scarf


 

Once the cold weather hits, you really won’t find me without some kind of scarf on, even indoors.  No matter how much I move around at my jobs, I just plain get cold, so wearing a scarf really helps.  I try to have a variety of them around to mix and match with my outfits, and this is a dual patterned infinity scarf I made using two coordinating fabrics. It is a very easy variation on the basic infinity scarf, and requires only a few items to make.

You will need two coordinating fabrics, 60” wide, 3/8-½ yard of each, depending on how full you like your scarf (I used 3/8ths here). 

This is how I laid them out, but it doesn’t have to be exactly like this.  You can make your own design, since there isn’t really a “wrong” way, so long as it ends up as an even rectangle at the end. (I prefer a scarf that is not the full 60” long, so I usually go for a length of about 54” when I make them.)



Folded in half…


And be sure to leave an opening… 


Here is how I joined my scarf to make it a loop: making sure the fabric isn’t twisted, pin the seams together. 



 Put your thumb on the pin, and your fingers on the other side through the opening that was left.  



Flip your thumb through the opening, and then pull the entire circle through it. 



From there, stitch around the circle.  



Once it is sewn, pull it back through the opening (you can stitch the opening shut if you want; I usually don’t bother if it’s a knit fabric that won’t unravel, and I’ve never had it show).  



I tried it with a couple different outfits to get some ideas of what to wear it with, and now I’m ready for
a new look on a chilly workday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wool Vest

Floral Cotton Skirt

Lace Trimmed Blue Top